Packaging food on the go is an essential part of preparing for a trip with both small and larger children. And what do we say… To invent every time a simple, quick and yet maintenance to the children prepare, it is sometimes very hard
The basis is that the diet and on the road contain all the important ingredients-carbohydrates, proteins, proper fats, fiber and vitamins.
What kind of food is actually best to take the kids on a trip?
Generally I take with me a meal that is capable of “surviving” the crossing and a bit of movement (yet in the backpack it is enough to move the food of the place).
Everything we take with us mostly in closable bowls.
And what do we take with us most often?
- The simplest and healthiest option that is never missing in our backpack. Cut into strips, marigons, cubes in a cloaked box. I recommend to always take some fruit or vegetables that will not keep you or your child so much dirty. Fruits such as apples, pears, grape wine, pineapple, Canadian blueberries, etc. From vegetables need cucumbers, carrots, radishes.
- Dried fruit is then a variation of fresh fruit. Be careful if you buy it, so it won’t be unnecessarily sweetened. Less sweet or even sweet options are then quite expensive, so it is possible to make a dried fruit yourself at home. For example, apple rings with cinnamon or dried strawberries, or banana. The imagination is no limit.
- Emmička is an egg lover. Therefore, we take with us often boiled egg, which is a great source of protein, the right saturated fats and cholesterol, which should egg according to different studies contain them here in combination with lecithin, which binds its bad manifestations, so you do not need to So much to fear. Emmička loves the combination of eggs and avocados. So we often make toast or baguette with avocado and egg.
- Sliced or diced, supplemented with vegetables. Ideal Snack
- Our girl likes to soak vegetables or a piece of bread.
- Without a piece of bread, we usually don’t leave the house for a few yards:)
- Toasts are ideal for travel. And most importantly, they can be done in a million ways. For example: with smoked salmon and red, with tuna and egg, with ham and cheese
We often take oat biscuits, toast to different ways, muffins (sweet and savory).
Since I got into my hand a book with fitrecipes, I like to do very much according to them. That’s why I’d share a few recipes for these goodies
Ideal for travel and very easy to prepare when you want to do your own.
I’m doing these, just without cranberries.
What you need
- 4 Bananas
- 160 g of oat flakes
- 50 g dried cranberries (sugar free)-do not give, but then you need to add a little oat flakes extra
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dutch cocoa
Mash the bananas with a fork and mix them with all the other ingredients. Using a spoon, shape the dough with biscuits and place the baking paper on the sheet. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 170-180 °C for 10-15 minutes. Biscuits are finished once they have a golden colour.
Again, simple yet excellent.
What you need:
- 20 g fresh spinach
- 100 g chicken/Pork ham
- 3 eggs
- 100 g Cottage
- 70 g of oat flakes
- Pinch of salt
Chop the ham and spinach and place them in a bowl. Add the eggs, the cottage, the flakes and a pinch of salt, and stir all of them. Spread the dough into Teflon or silicone moulds for muffins (I use paper cupcakes). Place in pre-heated oven and bake at 170-180 °C for approx. 25-30 minutes.
The original recipe can be found here.
More of our essentials on the road are fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese pockets, corn nibbles, fruit sticks, sponge cakes (emmia now taste the new soft sponge from Lidl)
And in the book form of Fitrecipes you will find a lot of recipes that you won’t find online. For example, the health of gummy teddy bears, for which all children will surely love you.
The recipe is very simple:)
Gummy Teddy Bears
What you need (depending on the flavour):
- 200 g strawberries
- 200 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 3 teaspoons of agar flakes (can be collected in a healthy diet)
You blend the fruit with water, lemon juice and syrup. In the mug you bring this mix to the boil and stir in the agar. Then you let it boil 5-6 minutes.
Then pour the mixture into the mould, which is then put into the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
You can buy a mold on rubber teddy bears for example on Mall.cz
You can buy books with Fitrecipes at their official e-shop. I think they are an ideal gift under the tree or birthday, because there you will find great recipes for the whole family.
And of course we MUST NEVER FORGET a water bottle. We have a healthy bottle.
More tips for meals on trips with children will be coming soon:)
And what are you packing for trips with children?